"13 Days of Taylor" Sweepstakes: Official Rules
"13 DAYS OF TAYLOR"
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. "13 Days of Taylor" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who, at the time of Entry, are physically located in the United States and are at least thirteen (13) years old. Employees of Taylor Nation, LLC ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, licensees, franchisees and agents, and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Google Inc. or Pinterest, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter, Google or Pinterest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter, Google or Pinterest.
2. Entry Period. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. CST on December 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on December 13, 2013 ("Sweepstakes Period"). There are thirteen (13) separate entry periods (each, an "Entry Period") during the Sweepstakes Period. An Entry Period begins and ends on each new Day during the Sweepstakes Period; a "Day" for the purposes of this Sweepstakes means a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:01 a.m. CST of a calendar day and ending at 11:59 p.m. CST of the same calendar day. All entries must be received and recorded during an Entry Period. The Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter. You may enter the Sweepstakes (each, an "Entry") by filling out the on-line entry form at http://store.taylorswift.com/13_Days_Entry.html ("Entry Form") during an Entry Period. Limit one (1) Entry per person per Day/Entry Period. All participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Submitted Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Limitations. Proof of entering the Sweepstakes will not constitute proof of receipt by the Sponsor. If it is discovered that an entrant has registered or attempted to submit more than one Entry during a Day/Entry Period using multiple e-mail accounts, addresses and/or multiple identities, all of his/her Entries will be declared null and void and no prize will be awarded to such entrant. In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person who is, at the time of submitting the Entry, assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide to the Sponsor proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Entry. Entries by any method other than as permitted in these Official Rules are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting an Entry is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor is not responsible or liable for: any Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, unauthorized, unintelligible, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider, website or other connections; miscommunications; telephone, computer hardware or computer software failures, errors or difficulties; Internet traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering; insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail; unauthorized human intervention; or any other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes, even if caused by the negligence of the Sponsor.
5. Selection of Winners; Odds of Winning. On or about December 14, 2013 ("Prize Drawing Date"), the Sponsor will randomly select thirteen (13) potential winners (each, a "Winner") from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period: twelve (12) potential Merchandise Prize Winners, and one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner. The decision of the Sponsor will be final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
6. Prizes. Twelve (12) Merchandise Prizes, each "Merchandise Prize" to include: one (1) TAYLOR SWIFT® RED™ blanket; one (1) TAYLOR SWIFT® T-shirt; one (1) TAYLOR SWIFT® bracelet; one (1) TAYLOR SWIFT® RED™ drawstring bag; one (1) TAYLOR SWIFT® tumbler; and one (1) TAYLOR SWIFT® CD insert autographed by Taylor Swift. The style, size and all other aspects of each portion of a Merchandise Prize subject to in-stock availability and determined solely by the Sponsor. Limit one (1) Merchandise Prize per household/mailing address.
One (1) "Grand Prize": one (1) Taylor® Baby Taylor® guitar autographed by Taylor Swift.
Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of all Prizes: $2,360. The approximate retail value of the Prizes represents Sponsor's good faith determination and is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of a Prize is determined to be less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash. There are no other prizes.
Prizes are awarded "as is" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All portions of the Merchandise Prizes are subject to in-stock availability. Prizes will be shipped within eight (8) weeks of the Prize Drawing Date. If any portion of a Prize is returned as undeliverable, the Prize may be forfeited. An unclaimed Prize will not be awarded.
Prizes are non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no refund, substitution or replacement of a Prize is permitted, but the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). Prizes do not include any additional expenses, including, without limitation, any federal, state and local sales or other taxes and surcharges, which are the responsibility of the Winner.
The Prize won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his or her state of residence will be awarded to a minor's parent or legal guardian on behalf of the minor.
7. Notification of Winners. The potential Merchandise Prize Winners and Grand Prize Winner will be notified within five (5) days after the Prize Drawing Date, via e-mail. Each potential Winner, and, if a potential Winner is a minor in his or her state of residence, the potential Winner's parent or legal guardian, must respond to the Sponsor within seventy-two (72) hours and must provide the information and/or documents required by the Sponsor, which may include, without limitation, satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency. If the Sponsor's attempt to contact a potential Winner is unsuccessful, an alternate Winner may be selected at random from all remaining eligible Entries, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible, and shall not be liable, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify Winners, or for any change in a potential Winner's e-mail address. If attempted notification or a Prize is returned as undeliverable, if any of the information and/or documents required by the Sponsor are not returned within the period of time set by the Sponsor, if a Winner cannot be verified, or if a Winner is otherwise unable to accept a Prize as stated, the Prize may be forfeited.
8. Publicity Release; Use of Personal Information. Except where prohibited or restricted by law, acceptance of a Prize constitutes agreement and consent by the Winner and by the parent or legal guardian of a Winner who is a minor in his or her state of residence, on the parent/legal guardian's own behalf and on behalf of the minor, to the Sponsor's and/or its designees' use and/or publication of the first name, last initial, city and state of residence, photographs or other likenesses, pictures, portraits, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by the Winner regarding the Sweepstakes or the Sponsor, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of the Sponsor, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review or approval.
9. Other Conditions; Release and Limitations of Liability. The Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize award procedures, if fraud, misconduct, technical failures, or other circumstances beyond the Sponsor's control undermine the integrity of the Sweepstakes, or if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security or proper administration of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor and for any other reason in the Sponsor's sole discretion. Any person attempting to tamper with the Sweepstakes or otherwise defraud the Sponsor will be disqualified from participating in the Sweepstakes and will be ineligible to win a prize. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND ALL OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, participants, on their own behalf and on behalf of a Winner who is a minor in his or her state of residence, release, discharge, and agree to indemnify and to hold harmless the Sponsor, Taylor Swift, individually, Taylor Swift Productions, Inc., Firefly Entertainment, Inc., Swift Merchandising, Inc. 13 Management, LLC, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Google Inc., and Pinterest, Inc. , and each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies and agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, "Released Parties"), and waive all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties, for any damages, losses, injuries, harm, costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, bodily injury, death, personal injury, property damage, publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy, that are related in any way, directly or indirectly, to the Sweepstakes, whether resulting, in whole or in part, from the Entry, the participation in the Sweepstakes, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, the inability to use a Prize, shipping delays, loss or misdirection of any portion of a Prize, Prize unavailability, human error, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of an Entry, any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer system, computer equipment or software, interruption or inability to access any third-party service, damage to entrant's (or any third person's) computer and/or its contents, lost or delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error contained in the Official Rules or other Sweepstakes-related materials. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR AND/OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ANY PRIZE AWARDED HEREUNDER, ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY OF THE THIRD-PARTY ON-LINE SERVICES OR THE DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITE. The failure of the Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism (or threat thereof), act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of the Sponsor or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Participants waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof.
10. Governing Law & Jurisdiction: These Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by U.S. law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to the conflict of laws provisions therein, and any legal proceedings with respect to either the Official Rules or the Sweepstakes shall take place in Davidson County, Tennessee.
11. Winners' List. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "13 Days of Taylor" Sweepstakes Winner's List, Taylor Nation, LLC, 718 Thompson Lane, Suite 108256, Nashville, Tennessee 37204-3600, for receipt by January 15, 2014.
12. Sponsor. Taylor Nation, LLC, 718 Thompson Lane, Suite 108256, Nashville, Tennessee 37204-3600.
© 2013 Taylor Nation, LLC. TAYLOR SWIFT® and the TAYLOR SWIFT signature logo® are trademarks of Taylor Swift. Other trademarks are property of their respective owners.